Chelmsford Auction Rooms was established by L. R. Rowland in 1947 and continues to be operated by his son, Simon Rowland. Throughout its history it has always moved and adapted with the times and changing conditions ensuring its place by being flexible, dynamic and responsive. This responsive attitude has helped make it the favoured Auction Rooms for many of the county's official bodies. As of 2008, it is the only general auction rooms in Chelmsford. For those visitors who are new to the Chelmsford Auction Rooms we have put together some notes for general guidance as to proceedures and practices, as well as the terms and conditions under which it operates. It is also intended to list the lots of forthcoming sales on this website, as conditions allow, prior to the official release of the sale catalogue, so visitors may have increased advanced warning of any items that may be of interest.